In the face of the Covid-19 pandemic, we spared no efforts to ensure the health and safety of our employees and all our stakeholders, as well as to preserve our activities, an essential service for the public. See some of the measures adopted:
- Anticipation of the influenza vaccination campaign and immediate adoption of remote working for 100% of employees (4,000 people) in administrative functions, in the asset monitoring center and the call center, and the guarantee of all health and safety equipment — including masks, hand sanitizer and thermometers — for the more than 9,000 workers in the field.
- Set up of the Health cell with medical assistance and orientation for employees, installed in three municipalities in São Paulo and four in Rio Grande do Sul
- Acceleration of digitalization: 90 services made available by means of digital channels (CPFL Online Service website, ChatBot, WhatsApp, application with free navigation during the pandemic, among others) and implementation of digital service totems in the agencies
- New payment terms: adoption of means such as PicPay and corona-voucher, as well as the offer of payment of bills in installments and use of credit cards; implantation of delivery payment, involving teams calling on residences with card terminals
- Action plan for the mass registration of clients for the Social Energy Tariff, program created by the federal government to offer energy bill discounts
- Our majority shareholder, the State Grid Corporation of China (SGCC), donated 120,000 masks, 60,000 of which to the government of the state of São Paulo and another 60,000 to the Campinas city government.
- Instituto CPFL donation of R$ 5 million to 20 hospitals in the CPFL in the Hospitals Program ("Programa CPFL nos Hospitais"), in addition to investments of around R$ 51.3 million in energy efficiency measures, benefiting 67 hospitals in 2020 alone.
- Instituto CPFL donation of R$ 1 million to the BNDES “Salvando Vidas” program, which will benefit more than one thousand public hospitals nationwide.
See the other measures we adopted during the period here.